Monday, January 2, 2012

catsup

   I knew I said I'd get better at this... and I will, I hope!!! Especially now that I'm out of work for the next 2 months! My job closes to the public December 31st, and reopens March 1st. The full-time associates clean, inventory, and restock the store; while the part-timers are left to fend for themselves. I am not able to collect unemployment because I only work 24 hours a week, because I am in college and cannot work full-time. So, you better believe I'm crocheting, crafting, and sewing up a storm in order to make some money on the side to be able to support myself!

   This semester is going to be a tough one because I am student teaching and will be driving everyday to a High School 22.5 miles from my apartment starting January 24th and ending March 16th. This means I have to get up earlier, never wear sweats, and drive in the snow... Initiate panic attack!!! First of all, I'm terrible at waking up before noon, sweatpants are my favorite, and driving in the snow is my enemy... FAIL! And this would be why I am moving far out of the Snow Belt ASAP. On a better note my second placement is only 0.3 miles from my apartment, which I am soooo happy about and it's an Elementary School, which means they start later than High Schools do. I just keep telling myself that I have to make it through my first placement and then I'll be in the clear.

   Like I said I have been crocheting and crafting like a nut!
Here is a list of what I made so far:
  • 1 crochet cowl for one of my boyfriend's sister
  • 1 crochet scarf for my dad
  • 3 crochet owl hats for two newborns in my family and my bf's neice
  • 1 sewn ipad cover for my older sister
  • 1 mason jar - reclaimed wooden wall vase for my twin sister and her husband
  • 1 driftwood sign for my dad
  • 1 set of MR & MRS reclaimed wooden signs for my older sister and her fiance
  • 4 sewn pairs of upcycled sweater mittens for myself, one for my friend, and two to sell
  • 3 mason jars full of homemade dog treats for all the puppies in my life
  • 1 sewn learning book including a snap closure,  pocket, and button closure for bf's neice
  • I also gave alot of the pottery I made last semester in my Ceramics class as gifts
  • and many other things that are currently slipping my mind.
  I also had a wonderful Christmas! I worked December 23rd 9-5, went to Mr. H's mom's house, worked Christmas Eve, drove to my parent's house & opened presents with my twin, her husband, and my parents, we woke up Christmas Day & ate a big breakfast, then drove back home to see Mr. H's dad and step-mom. We ended the day by taking our annual trip to the bar for some Christmas brews rimmed with brown sugar and cinnamon! YUM!

   I got everything I wanted including:
    Mr. H and I then hosted a Christmas Hangover/New Years Pre-game extravaganza on the 30th at our apartment. We had all of our guests bring a $5 gift for our White Elephant gift exchange that got ridiculous of course... but I won the best gift; Nutella and Animal Crackers!!! I will be savoring those suckers for sure!

   Ps. I'm trying to get outfit posts and such, hopefully once I get my apartment cleaned & organized & have a place to take photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment